Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Health and Safety Manager
Reference: Ref: FV/HSM/03/18
Closing Date: 14th March 2018
Fane Valley Co-Op is a long established farmer owned business with interests in red meat processing, oat milling, animal feed manufacture and the supply of farm requisites. We now wish to appoint an experienced leader to assume overall responsibility for the direction, development and implementation of the company’s Health and Safety policy across Fane Valley’s agri-business and specialist food divisions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a Corporate Health & Safety Strategy;
- To monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming Health and Safety legislation and ensure the Group has systems and practices in place to meet all legal compliance and best practice requirements;
- Identify employee and worker training needs in relation to Health and Safety and ensure that training needs are continually updated and addressed;
- Lead the design, implementation and maintenance of the business management systems to OHSAS 18001;
- Carry out a series of both planned and unannounced audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, identifying and documenting required improvements;
- Oversee the delivery of all construction projects across the Group sites. Ensure that all aspects of CDM regulations are adhered to at all times;
- Responsible for ensuring the adherence of all sub-contractors with company policies and legal responsibilities;
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in health and safety.
- Educated to a minimum of Degree level and desirably hold a relevant post graduate qualification;
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma and desirably have Corporate Membership of IOSH;
- At least three years’ experience in management of Health and Safety across multiple sites;
- Well-developed leadership skills that encourage commitment from others and promote a positive and motivated organisational culture;
- A results focused individual who is performance driven, resilient and capable of producing results under pressure;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes through collaboration and diplomacy.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.
Download Application Form