Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Ref: WS/PS/01/18
Closing Date: 8th January 2018
White’s has been milling oats in Tandragee, Co Armagh for 175 years. Part of the Fane Valley Group of companies, we supply a wide range of oat and porridge products to retail and food service customers throughout Ireland, the UK and in key export markets. At White’s we believe in quality in every part of our business, from the oats our dedicated growers produce to the standards we set ourselves and in the people who join our team.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the production staff on shift ensuring that production targets are met and that finished products meet the correct standard and specification.
- A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Experience in staff training and development;
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word);
- Excellent administration and communication skills;
- Ability to interpret data. (Graphs, tables, charts).
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Third level education preferably in a food related discipline;
- HACCP and food hygiene qualification;
- Previous experience of lean manufacturing /6 sigma;
- Experience of delivering organisational change;
- Previous experience of product planning.
Candidates must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively. The individual will have a hands-on approach, will be able to demonstrate strong leadership and problem-solving skills and will continually strive for high standards. Candidates should ideally have an understanding of a round-the-clock operation.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480. or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.