Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Agri Supply Chain Co-ordinator
Reference: Ref: WS/ASCC/09/17
Closing Date: 13th October 2017
White’s has been milling oats for over 175 years and is Northern Ireland’s only oat mill and porridge producer. We believe working closely with local farmers allows us to produce the finest quality oats and the best possible porridge products - products that are authentic, natural and promote wellbeing.
Reporting to the General Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for managing oat suppliers, developing supply chain standards, agronomy support & research analysis, along with planning & purchasing the oat requirements for the business. A key aspect of the role will be to implement continuous improvement along the supply chain.
This is an exciting and challenging new role and candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. The individual will have a hands-on approach, will be able to demonstrate a willingness to learn & develop their skills.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably within the agri food industry;
- Minimum of a Diploma or equivalent in Agriculture;
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance systems, e.g. Red Tractor; Soil Association Organic;
- An agricultural background with the ability to display good practical knowledgeof the arable sector;
- Excellent IT and communication skills;
- Flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business.
Preference will be given to candidates:
- With experience of applying LEAN principals to the food supply chain;
- Experience of developing and refining procedures;
- Third level qualification in related discipline.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480. or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.